Head of Business Development (Paris)
The Plum Guide is on a mission is to build the definitive collection of the world’s best homes. Through expert human curation and innovative tech, we’re taking a scientific and systematic approach to vetting every home in every city we open, and accepting only the top 1%. Like a modern Michelin Guide - but for homes.
We launched nearly 4 years ago in London. Since then, we have grown 15-20% month on month; expanded to 6 cities; tested over 100,000 homes; developed a customer experience that’s returning the highest NPS scores in the hospitality sector; and are on track to reach over £25M in annualised sales.
We are backed by some of the top VCs and angel investors who have built many of the world’s most exciting companies of today. These include TransferWise, Citymapper, Appear Here, Graze, Depop, GymBox, Threads, Zoopla, LoveFilm, Secret Escapes and many more.
We closed a £14m Series B round of funding in March 2019, and our focus for the next 12 months is on building an exceptional brand & customer experience; as well as maintaining hyper growth in our most successful markets. This is where you come in.
This is an incredible opportunity to play a pivotal role within a hyper-growth startup looking to disrupt and revolutionise the entrenched hotel industry. You're the expert here - we'll be relying on you as an A-list Sales specialist in your market to take ownership of designing the strategy to target and grow relationships with the largest property providers in Paris. Quality supply is the #1 driver of sales here at Plum, and these B2B prospects often manage a portfolio of between 50 & 250 homes. It doesn’t stop there though - you’ll also be turbocharging the growth of existing B2B accounts from both a sales and supply perspective.
- Develop, manage and close a pipeline of our most important Paris-based prospects
- Manage, coach and upskill a team of sales associates tasked with signing B2C and local B2B prospects
- Source new types of supply
- Develop the revenue potential of existing B2B accounts
- Spearhead key sales and account management processes within the business
- Work with product to improve the experience and systems for large partners
Who we are looking for
You don’t need to have prior experience in hospitality or tech start-ups. The important thing is that you are:
- Unbelievably persuasive and self-assured: you’re comfortable building relationships with small to large enterprise prospects and selling our proposition
- Target driven and intensely commercial, with an analytical mind that can uncover potential growth opportunities using data
- Extremely ambitious and super entrepreneurial: You care about getting things done - and when obstacles inevitably get in the way, you know how to hustle
- A sophisticated taste in design, interiors, food and cultural experiences - you know quality when you see it
- An inspiring and motivating leader who can lead their team to success
- Extensive experience in B2B sales, with a proven track record of success
- A salesperson through and through - passionate about and motivated by the craft
- Adept at managing a longer sales cycle and negotiating complex contracts
- Proven track record of building long-term, productive B2B partnerships
- Experience in a high-growth two-sided marketplace
- A skilled leader and communicator - comfortable motivating and inspiring sales teams
- Experience in a luxury and design-centric business is beneficial
- Experience managing high-performing small teams of salespeople is a plus
- Native or fluent French speaker is a must, with knowledge of the Paris market being a bonus.
- An unparalleled opportunity to become an expert in start-up scaling: not only will you be a leader in a VC-backed business, you’ll also be coached by some of the best
- If you make your objectives happen in London, you could be given the opportunity to move into an even more strategic role managing the Key Account function across markets
- Genuine influence and control: you will work daily with the founders and management team to shape the company strategy and direction
- Be an early team member of what we believe will be one of the most famous startups of the next 10 years
- Be part of a passionate, friendly and transparent culture: you will be part of discussions on tech, fundraising, product, brand and global expansion
- Competitive salary and generous options scheme: our ambitions are huge and we hope it pays out for all
We welcome a range of professional experiences and encourage diversity, if in doubt do apply.